[caption id="" align="alignleft" width="250" caption="Me, my lovely wife Sheila, and Ruthie"][/caption]
Today was our Halloween party. Knowing that, I should have planned better. In hindsight, I know I should have. But I didn't, which isn't all that surprising.
If this is your first time reading my #BrewDiet posts, please understand that this day is rather atypical of the 28 days that have come before.
But hey, it was a party. So party we must. And did.
That's me on the left, dressed as a fairy hunter. Why a fairy hunter? Because my wife dressed like a fairy. An I had to hunt for her. I guess. And say hi to Ruthie on the other side. As a non-drinker, she has mad patience to show up and hang out with us sots. Or maybe we just provide ample entertainment that serves to validate her decision not to drink!
Here's the rundown on my intake:
- Breakfast was a Yellow Wolf by Alameda Brewhouse, plus some nice maple sausage links. It's a bomber, so count two.
- Lunch was a Noël Des Géants by Brasserie Des Géants. Another bomber. 2 more points. Plus I had some hot pork sausage that didn't get used in the dip I made for the party.
- The party began and I started with an A Little Sumpin' Wild Ale by Lagunitas Brewing Company
- Then a Morimoto Soba Ale by Rogue Ales.
- Then a Brainless On Cherries by Epic Brewing Co.
- Followed by a Winter Solstice by Anderson Valley Brewing Company
- ... and a whole bunch more I forgot to add. That explains how I'm feeling as I write this on Sunday.
The party was pretty epic. Thanks to everyone who came out. Assuming we're still talking, that is.
- Spooky ending to the #BrewDiet in sight (funanymore.com)
- "Your diet would never work for me" (funanymore.com)
[...] day. Short post. Read about yesterday to find out [...]ReplyDelete
What about the whipped cream you had at the party?ReplyDelete
Whipped cream never counts.ReplyDelete
[...] beers. Why the tilde in front? Because let’s face it, there were plenty of evenings (like last Saturday) when not all the beers went into Untappd. I don’t think I missed any uniques, but I know for [...]ReplyDelete