Thursday should be an awesome day of productivity for me after work. My lovely wife, Sheila Dee, teaches classes all day and night at a University, and doesn't return until around 9:00. So you'd think that a 9-to-5 wonk like me would get a lot of stuff done.
Except when you factor in Thursday. That's O'Beer:30 at my office. My whole team takes an hour-ish and heads down to the Mellow Mushroom below us to have a couple of pints. Well... that's not true. The Mushroom does 1/2 off drinks on Thursdays from 3-6p, so we all splurge and have 20 oz. pours. A couple of times.
And I just discovered that ASH -- the Arizona Society of Homebrewers -- hits Taste of Tops just a block away from me for happy hour. So, being neighborly, I had to stop in. Had to, mind you.
Yeah... I'm kinda done for tonight. With luck, the typos are minimal in this post. Here's why:
- Breakfast was a Censored (aka The Kronic) by Lagunitas Brewing Company
- Lunch was another -- grilled this time -- hot Italian sausage and a Maximus by Lagunitas Brewing Company
- Then #O'Beer:30 started with a Count Hopula Blood Red IPA by SanTan Brewery at Mellow Mushroom
- ... and flowed into a a Hazelnut Brown Nectar by Rogue Ales at Mellow Mushroom. I did say these were both 20 ounces, right?
- Me Met the ASH crowd over an Outer Darkness by Salt Lake Brewing - Squatters at Taste of Top's
- Home for a kielbasa and too much Sriracha sauce had me pounding a full bomber of a High Tide IPA by Port Brewing Company. Count this as 2.
So I'm kinda done. Here's to a good night's sleep and a fab day tomorrow!