It's day 16 on my #BrewDiet. I'm more than half-way through the month. And I'm doing fantastic!
People keep asking me about the deleterious effects of a diet consisting of nothing but sausage and beer for an entire month. An in all honesty, there really haven't been any. I do notice pretty severe dry mouth at night. But that's easily defeated by keeping water on the nightstand. Wake up. Drink. Sleep. Easy.
Nor am I sick of eating sausage. Or drinking beer. The variations of both are legion. So if boredom does sit in, I just pick up something out of the ordinary. Like when I was at the store today and picked up some sausage that I've been craving. Oh, it's going to be a great week coming up!
Today was my lowest beer-intake day ever. That's due to a rather uncharacteristic breakfast, as you'll see below:
- No beer for b'fast. Instead, I wolfed down an entire chorizo burrito from Filibertos . Because they are made of awesome. Gigantic awesome.
- Finally after noon-time, I started in to the beers. Bombers for me this weekend, and it started with Our Own Bavarian-Style Doppel Weizen by Lagunitas Brewing Company
- Not to let a good beer die, I finished up with the rest of the Our Own Bavarian-Style Doppel Weizen by Lagunitas Brewing Company
- I finally started getting a little hungry and chowed down on a maple-blueberry sausage patty, enjoying with a Yeti Imperial Stout by Great Divide Brewing Company
- That was pretty sublime. So I drank the rest of the Yeti Imperial Stout by Great Divide Brewing Company
So that's two (ish) sausage meals and only 4 (ish) beers. Pretty light. Tomorrow is weigh-in day. Here's to hoping!
- Mixed bag Saturday on the #BrewDiet (funanymore.com)
- Beer + Coffee gets me through the day. Oh, and sausage. (funanymore.com)
[...] Of Sundays, sausage and beer (funanymore.com) [...]ReplyDelete