Headed to a late-morning meeting, my belly commanded a stop at Doggie-bertos. You had me at Chorizo Burrito!
Then we went to Citizen Public House again in Old Town Scottsdale. They've taken the Sausage of the Day off the menu, but were happy to adapt to my dietary restrictions with a plate full of sausage (and maybe other) goodness!
Also, it pays to know folks. Got introduced to Richie at CPH by Dan, while the mural you see above was being painted on the outside. That led to a bit of special treatment by the CPH staff, for which I am quite grateful! Significant thanks to our friends Susan & Paul from Los Angeles for spending a great evening with us.
That's my kind of Sunday on the #BrewDiet! Here's the intake:
- Breakfast was sans beer. Sorry. But damn, that was a fine chorizo burrito!
- Lunch was sausage free (after that breakfast) when I cracked open a 22 oz 25th Anniversary Vanilla Doubledog by Abita Brewing Company. It was very decent and got much better when I let the second half sit for an hour on the counter before drinking. Don't get this too cold.
- Sundays are bomber days, so I started off with half of a Danny's Irish Style Red Ale by Moylan's Brewery. A solid red. I like mine more aggressive, but I can deal.
- Waiting for our friends to arrive, I enjoyed a Ruination IPA by Stone Brewing Co. at Citizen Public House. Bomber. So count as 2.
- During the off-menu extravaganza of sausage, I washed it down with a Hefeweizen by Four Peaks Brewing Co. at Citizen Public House
- Now, writing this post, I'm killing the last of the Danny's Irish Style Red Ale by Moylan's Brewer
Tomorrow I visit Terry's office again. I'll have weight results tweeting out mid-afternoon, and a blog post coming!
- Losing never felt so good on the #BrewDiet (funanymore.com)
- Does beer you make fat? Quite the contrary, data shows. (funanymore.com)