Friday is always a good day on the #BrewDiet. This one was even better, as I only worked until about noon. Making up for that terrible long day on Wednesday that we're just going to forget about, OK?
Major props to Boundary Bay Brewery. They hold the distinction of being the first and (as of yet) only brewery to reach out to me on social channels, thanking me for including their beers in my #BrewDiet. These guys are smart and paying attention to the social space. They didn't offer to send me beer or ask for a testimonial from me. They simply chimed in on one of my (drunkenly misspelled) checkins from yesterday:
Easy. And smart. Our replies went back and forth a couple of times, and they got exposure to everyone who follows my antics. Many of whom are craft beer drinkers. Their target audience. And you can bet the next time I find myself in Bellingham, I'm stopping to knock a few back at BB!
Here's what I did today:
- Breakfast was an Imperial Oatmeal Stout by Boundary Bay Brewery
- Lunch was a full chicken sausage and the rest of the Imperial Oatmeal Stout by Boundary Bay Brewery, and so ends the fine gifts given to me by Ryan. Of all the Boundary Bay's he brought back, I liked this one the most.
- The afternoon found me a bit thirsty/hungry, so I had a pre- #evfn treat of a Japanese Green Tea IPA by Stone Brewing Co.
- Arrived early at Draw 10 Bar & Grill for #evfn and started off slow with an Easy Street Wheat by Odell Brewing Co
- I talked Mel, the cook, to making me a special sausage dinner. Again, I'm going way off the menu. It's a good thing JB likes me. Washed it down with an Orange Blossom by Papago Brewery at Draw 10 Bar & Grill
- Wrapped #evfn and the evening with a Leg Humper by Sleepy Dog Brewing at Draw 10 Bar & Grill
Saturday is college football day, which typically increases my beer count. Let's see what happens!
- Does beer you make fat? Quite the contrary, data shows. (funanymore.com)
- Day 4 of #BrewDiet. Hello, hunger (funanymore.com)
[...] Boundary Bay Brewing gets it right on a #BrewDiet (funanymore.com) [...]ReplyDelete