No, it wasn't a literal death. And no, it wasn't me!
But tonight, I was saddened to see this tweet by fellow ex-#BrewDiet follower, Charlie the Beer Guy:
Charlie hit the wall later in the process than I. He also had arguably a much more difficult challenge. He's in a profession rhymes with "rule leacher", and they rather frown on day-drinking. So he didn't, which reduced the number of hours he had to consume 6-8 beers. So it is with a heavy heart that we bid Charlie adieu. Guess I'll just have to bike over to his place and help him get rid of all those extra beers!
Me? I'm doing great! Still very up from my doctors appointment, and I've seen a sneak preview of the documentary video that's being assembled by the fantastic April Simpson. She's made of awesome, so it's made of a similar element! We'll be adding more clips, so I can't show you the final product just yet. But trust me, you're going to love it!
I took another blood test today at about the halfway mark of this month. Terry said my pre-diet levels looked good. I'm not sharing them just yet because I want this set -- and maybe a post-diet set -- to compare them with. By themselves, some uneducated asshole would jump in and start arguing why this number is high and that number is low... and I want to avoid that bullshit. We're interested in a change over time, not what any single reference point looks like. That's why I've been doing weekly check-ins on the weight, fat mass, etc.. When it's time, we'll talk blood serum levels.
For now? It's time for today's stats, again courtesy of Untappd:
- Trying a little Coconut Cream Stout by Battered Boar Brewing Company for breakfast! Way over-carbonated, but very tasty in the AM!
- Lunch was a kielbasa and a Pale Ale by Stone Brewing Co., possibly the only Stone I'd not yet checked into!
- My late dinner was a hot Italian sausage and an Old Monkeyshine by Nimbus Brewing
- Tonight's nightcap was provided by Mandy, who shared with me one of her favorites, a Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier Dunkel by Bayerische Staatsbrauerei Weihenstephan. You can see the note she wrote me as the image that accompanies this post!
That's it. A few loose ends to tie up, and I'm calling it a night. A low calorie day, really. But I'm plenty full!
- Losing never felt so good on the #BrewDiet (funanymore.com)
- Boundary Bay Brewing gets it right on a #BrewDiet (funanymore.com)
- First support, then rejection of #BrewDiet (funanymore.com)
Glad you're having such success! I hit the wall hard. A combination of a bad fit with my lifestyle (getting up at 5:30 AM 5 days a week), the sameness of everything, as well as "life events" that I feel require my full attention and energy (something that I sorely lacked on the #BrewDiet regimen) all weighed into my careful decision to set it aside. Turns out a choice you make in the span of 15 seconds can be less than wise in your given set of circumstances. We can talk about it more over a beer. This weekend.ReplyDelete
It's a date!ReplyDelete
[...] diet, in particular Charlie the Beer Guy. He unfortunately but understandably had to quit the diet around the 16th. There were considerable barriers to him observing the same diet as Evo rather than making [...]ReplyDelete