Saturday on the #BrewDiet was marked by two disappointing beers, a heart-burn inducing performance by my college football team, and one of the most challenging movies ever.
The bad beers: Shock Top and Oktoberfestier. Read about them below. They have a huge following. I'm in the minority because I do not like them. But I do not like them. Not even a little. But a friend of mine does, so he got a five-pack of the Shock Tops. And the other wasn't even mine to begin with.
The lackluster performance was made by The University of Oklahoma Sooners. It's a good thing I had a birthday party and a movie to go to so I couldn't see the debacle of our terribly-inconsistent-on-the-road team. We pulled it out in the end, but the spread should have been much greater. Gods, I love/hate college football.
And the movie: The Human Centipede 2. Hey, don't judge. I really enjoyed the first movie. And yes, it holds up under multiple viewings. But this? No. Once was enough. Vile isn't strong enough of a word. I'm not upset that I went, as I'm a complete-ist. People were wondering how the director would top the first one. This is how. But it was more of a "bottoming" than a topping. Wow. You probably don't want to see it.
Here is my beer/food rundown for the day:
- For breakfast, I thought I'd try drinking a Shock Top Belgian White by Anheuser-Busch, and what a mistake that was. Yuck. My 2nd worse experience on the #BrewDiet. Reminding myself that "popular" does not equal "good".
- Not only did Ryan give me the Boundary Bay beers, he brought back a homebrew. I have no idea what it was, so I just called it an Unfiltered wheat by Unknown Washington. I liked it!
- College football watching started with a Session Premium Lager by Full Sail Brewing Company Oh, and a chicken sausage.
- Followed by a Dale's Pale Ale by Oskar Blues Brewery. I was still a little hungry, so I powered through a hot link. Nice!
- I then helped fellow #BrewDieter Charlie finish off his Oktoberfestbier by Spaten-Löwenbräu-Gruppe. Not what you'd call "good", either.
- Caught the first part of the OU game and a a Session Black Lager by Full Sail Brewing Company
- Found a solid HopShock I.P.A. by SanTan Brewery at Ron's 50th birthday party
- And then smuggled a Dale's Pale Ale by Oskar Blues Brewery and some Lil' Smokies into the theater
Wow. Well... it was Saturday, so I'm not all that surprised. And in hindsight (I'm posting this on Sunday), I feel great!
- Of smuggling sausages and beers (funanymore.com)
- Beer + Coffee gets me through the day. Oh, and sausage. (funanymore.com)
- Return of the #BrewDieter (funanymore.com)