Today was rather busy. I had to fill in for a talk Jeff Moriarty was supposed to give. But he needed a vacation. From not having a job. Whatever. Then my physician decided I needed to come drink his beer and eat reindeer sausage at his house. Fine, I'll do it. And finally, there was the sneaking in of my dinner beer to the theater. Which I didn't drink because I was watching Contagion. Sorta spoiled my appetite. And desire to touch anyone. Or anything. Ever.
But yes, a good day. On to the digits:
- Beer 1: Franziskaner Hefe-Weisse by Spaten-Franziskaner-Bräu
- Beer 2: Dale's Pale Ale by Oskar Blues Brewery, accompanied by half a mild Italian sausage. Protein, FTW!
- Beer 3: Porter Czarny Boss / Black BOSS Porter by BOSS Browar Witnica S.A. courtesy of Dr. Terry Simpson & his lovely wife April. Oh, and their 1 year old, JJ. Fantastic people.
- Beer 4: Artisan Golden Ale by Jolly Pumpkin Artisan Ales, also courtesy of Dr. & Mrs., with a reindeer sausage. No, not a half. The whole damned thing. Because it was made of awesome. And Rudolph.
- Beer 5: Calico Amber Ale by Ballast Point Brewing
According to MyFitnessPal, that was just under 1600 calories, which is about 100 shy of my goal. Great! I'll bank it for tomorrow when I'm meeting beer judge and home brewer Thomas Vincent and his new bride Kris up in Sedona. Rumor has it there are presents. For me!
And don't forget, you can follow along with my beer drinking as-it-happens the entire #BrewDiet month on Twitter and Facebook. And yes, you can support my cause by sending me the two things I need this month. Sausage and craft beer!
1 - Those are what we call "famous last words". Ask you parents.