Image by evo_terra via FlickrI'm off to Balticon again this year. I was thrilled to be one of the Guests of Honor two years ago and had an amazing time. This year, some other hack was named GOH, but Sheila Dee and I decided we'd make the cross-country trek to hang out with some of our fun new media friends.
Here's what slave-driver and organizer Paul Fischer has me doing:
- Five Reasons Your New Media Project Sucks - Fri@ 5pm
Sheila Dee and I will try and not piss off everyone. Guess my 5 Sucky Things presentations are growing!
- Evo @ 11 Live! - Fri @ 11pm
P.G. will be pulling double-duty, giving his recap and playing the role of Debbie. Bill DeSmedt will be our guest. Phil Rossi has been banned.
- Live: Escape Pod - Sat @ 10am
Sheila and I in stereo as the farm in Rogue Farm by Charles Stross. That should be a hoot.
- Writing for Blogs - Sat @ 5pm
I blog. Therefore, I qualify.
- Podiobooks: A Novel Way To Listen - Sun @ 5pm
Exposing new listeners to the serialized audiobook format. You'd be surprised how many don't know about it.
- Creating a Serialized Audiobook - Mon @ 11am
For authors who want to play in this new media field.
- New Media Triage - Mon @ 12 noon
I'll be triageing (is that a verb) known curmudgeon Dave Slusher. Gonna be tough and fun!
Balticon is a SF/F convention with a great new media track. It takes place on Memorial Day weekend, May 22-25 2009 at Marriott's Hunt Valley Inn in Baltimore, MD. If you're in the area, you'll wanna come by. Seriously. 'Tis fun!
I'm excited about all of these!
Related articles by Zemanta
- J.C.'s Balticon schedule (jchutchins.net)
- Be in the next episode of Stranger Things! (jchutchins.net)
- Balticon in 2 weeks! (murverse.com)